Friday, October 13, 2006

Whew!

The soldier is officially home, and within days, the two of us will breathe the same air. FINALLY! The last few days have been pretty exciting, with him getting closer and closer to home. I've been so excited for HIS excitement, it's been nothing short of awesome, and HOLY SHIT, I haven't even seen him yet!

Over the past sixteen years, I'm sure I've seen him hundreds of times, but this time, the one coming up real quickly, it feels like it's the FIRST time. I suppose that's because it will be the most special so far. The nerves and excitement and butterflies that I've been feeling bring back a lot of memories of him, and this week I've felt like a kid, and a teenager, and a young woman all over again - experiences with him carry through all of those phases of my life. Those memories have become very precious over the past few months, and it's been crazy to vividly recall so many of them.

I can't wait to see him, and touch him, and make sure he's real. I'm a toughie, but I can't predict how I'll react when that moment finally arrives. I think I might crack a little! And, well, that just might do me some good. It's been a long time coming.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers to you two having a weekend of good lovin'!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Kranki said...

I am so excited for you. I hope I feel the same way about a guy one day.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

Oh, sweetie! I am SOOOO excited FOR you! And, yeah, I think you're gonna get a bit weepy when you finally see him. But he won't mind a bit :)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

If it's been a while, then you are due for a good little cry. Can hardly wait to hear the replay;>

6:06 AM  
Blogger KULA said...

Time to make new memories! Make it lots of fun!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Nilbo said...

Yeah, it's been a long time coming. Ten bucks says you won't be, though.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's going to be grand! Soak it all in and enjoy yourself! :D

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meg give your number.......justin FFFF

8:28 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

awwww!!! (that just made you wanna hurl, huh?)

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home